Our “crown jewel” trail networks are an incredible resource for intermediate and advanced riders, but we know the terrain can be daunting for beginners and young ones. We hope this list helps find riding opportunities in the Upper Valley for those just getting into the sport.
- “The Zoo” section of the Landmark Tract (immediately West of the Nature Walk Entrance) trails features several flat and smooth loops that are great for beginners. Check out the Jurassic Skills Park for skills features!
- Huntley Meadows in Norwich has a great pump track for learning balance and bike handling skills
- Trescott Water Supply Lands boast flowing natural single track with excellent views all the way to Mount Ascutney. The Child’s Farm and Poor Farm trails traverse historical farmland, and the Porcupine trail is a smooth singletrack up the side of Paige Hill.
- Green Woodlands is an extensive network of machine-built trails and features miles of smooth trails with tons of flow!
- Thetford Academy’s Torrey Mountain Bike Trail is a 1-mile flow loop on the Thetford Academy campus. It is open to the public and great for beginners.